Over the course of the week, I had a blast discovering Boston in a new way by myself, and with friends. Every time I think I know something about this wonderful city, I’m surprised again and again. Although I’m graduating in just one more semester, I hope I can make more memories and explore more of the city I’ve called home for the last three years.
- City Snapshot: I took this gorgeous shot on the 6th floor of Warren Tower’s A Tower. Although I’m in a dorm looking out, I see so much of the amazing architecture Boston has to offer. Taken with Snapchat. 700 Commonwealth Ave. Boston, MA 02215.
2. Food/Drink: I highlighted my favorite restaurant in Boston, El Pelon Taqueria. There are several locations in Boston, but I went to the one in Fenway. 92 Peterborough St, Boston, MA 02215
3. Person on the Street: I interviewed Yana J. about she thinks about Boston. Ipswich St, Boston MA, 02215
4. Student on the Street: I interviewed Julia Dugas about what she finds so rewarding about going to school in Boston. 140 Bay State Road, Boston, MA 02215
5. Academic Excellence: A new addition to Boston University’s ever-growing programs and buildings, the BUild Lab, “serves as the home for innovation and entrepreneurship on campus,” as found on their website. Marvin Watkins talk to me about what he’s most excited to use from the BUild Lab. 730 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215.
6. Weather: Brr!! These ducks were swimming around in a pond not too far from the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. I know I could never do that, but they look like they’re having a good time! Taken with Boomerang. 465 Huntington, Ave, Boston, MA 02215.
7. Scenic Spot: Out of everywhere I visited for this assignment, the Museum of Fine Arts will always stand out to me as being a scenic spot both indoors and outdoors. 465 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02215.
8. Sports Talk: I waited outside the iconic Red Sox Garage on Ipswich Street hoping to find hardcore Boston sports fans, and I was in luck. Aaron Mullally from Connecticut was willing to talk to me about what’s so great about Boston sports. (Hint: it’s all the winning!)
9. Fashion Shot: I may have cheated a little on this one, but my good friend Pamela Fourtounis is such a fashionista and wear such incredible outfits daily, I couldn’t pass this opportunity up! Taken with Boomerang. 640 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215.
10. Olympic Moment: Lexi Pline, an avid Olympics fan, sat down with me to talk about her favorite event, figure skating! She’s been watching since the start, and guaranteed to watch until the end. 640 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215
11. Off the Beaten Path: I came across this place when I was up in Allston just walking around. I saw a walking bridge and decided to cross, unbeknownst to me, Vivant Vintage was waiting on the other side! 318 Lincoln St, Allston, MA, 02134.
12. Freestyle: For my final stop, I went to the monuments on Ipswich St. and couldn’t believe my eyes. Carl “Yaz” Yastrzemski and I have the same nickname! Only problem is, I can’t play baseball for my life, I’m sure glad he was good enough to get elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
- I really like this time lapse of Boston that Morgan Cheung did. Really creative idea!
2. Clarisha Bailey’s outfit for the Black Panther premier captured by Pamela Fourtounis is amazing!
3. I’m definitely going to have to check out the Peach Farm in Chinatown thanks to Matt Doherty. Those dishes look fantastic!
- I replied to Morgan Cheung’s time lapse of Boston, because I really wanted to know how to do it too!
2. Pamela’s mention of the drag shows that sometimes happen in the Fenway area reminded me of the time I went to one, it was amazing.
3. I really miss all the bodegas and corner shops in my home town, and was disappointed when I couldn’t find any here in Boston. Aleah Floyd solved that problem for me, now I know! It’s on 6 Clearwater St, Boston, MA 02215.
4. My good friend, Kyler Sumter, replied to one of my tweets about the time we discovered the Fenway area together our freshman year. I had to let her know I appreciated it!
Man, it feels good to be in Boston!